There are plenty of fun ways to raise money, it all depends what you think will work for you.
If you haven’t already got an event in mind, here are some ideas:
- Give something up – sugar, alcohol, tea, coffee, driving to work, buying clothes you don’t need you can ask for sponsors or simply set aside the money you would have spent
- Organise a clothes swap or craft sale
- Take part in a sponsored challenge or team challenge
- Organise a pub quiz or karaoke night
- Organise a 'Come Dine With Me' with a group of friends
- Do a good deed, offer to clean or run errands for some-one and charge a fee
- Hold a jumble sale/car boot sale
- Organise a sponsored walk
- Organise a music event
- Organise an event e.g. auction event, a tea dance or a cake sale
Fundraising at work
- Ask your employer to donate an extra days
holiday for someone and hold a raffle to win it
- Organise an office sweepstake
- Make a pot of soup and sell it at lunchtime
- Put one of our collection boxs in the workplace or a local shop
- Take advantage of tax incentives and sign up to payroll giving
For more ideas just ‘google’ ‘charity fundraising ideas’, you will be spoilt for choice!
How to plan a successful event
The success of your event is down to planning, deciding the time and place of your event or activity is the first step. If you are using a community building or local business check:
- When it is available.
- How many people are allowed to attend.
- What the toilet facilities are.
- What parking is available.
- If you need a licence for any of your activities.
- What the fire safety procedure is.
We'd love to hear from you if you want to discuss an idea, or want to get involved. Emails us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01443 484400